- Collecting and distributing materials used in class will be completed by the co-captain of each group of students. When the students need materials to complete activities and assignments, the co-captain from each group will find the materials, gather the appropriate amount, and distribute them to their group members. Besides the co-captain, all students should remain in their seats during the completion of this procedure.
- Collecting and distributing graded work will be completed by the classroom teacher. Graded work is considered the private information of each student that does not need to be shared with the whole class. When I collect and distribute graded work, I will place the work on the right corner of students’ desks. The students will then place the graded work in their personal folders.
- Make-up work will be collected by the chameleon of each group and completed by absent students. When a particular student is absent, the chameleon in their group will take over their job for the day and give me the work that the student missed. I will put the absent student’s name on the work and place it in my file cabinet. When the absent student returns to school, I will provide them with the make-up work. I will also provide them with a due date for the work. Additionally, I will offer any assistance that the student needs to complete the make-up work.
- Cooperative group activities will take place every day in the classroom among pre-determined groups of students. Before school starts, I will create groups that are made up of learners with varying abilities. The groups will change at the beginning of each of the four nine weeks of the school year. Each of the students in a group will have responsibilities when completing group activities. The captain of each group should ensure that all group members participate, share, and provide support. The co-captain of each group will collect and distribute materials needed to complete the activities. The time keeper of each group will keep an eye on the time to ensure that the group will finish their activities. The recorder of each group will submit the product of the group activities to the teacher. The chameleon of each group will take over the responsibilities of any absent group members. When completing the group activities, each group member should be cooperative and do their best.
- The entire class will leave the classroom by forming a straight line at the door by groups. I will call on one group at a time to maintain order. When I call on a particular group of students, that group should quietly walk to the door and lineup. Once all students have formed a straight line, the students will exit the classroom and walk quietly down the hallway.
- If or when exceptional needs students are unable to fully or accurately complete a classroom procedure, I will accommodate to their individual needs. I will use the students’ IEPs or 504 plans to guide the accommodations I provide. I will ensure that all exceptional needs students understand what they should do and how they should do it through direct instruction.